Submitted by megan on Tue, 04/21/2009 - 16:33
Things for which I am thankful:
- Carry on luggage.
- That the row of chairs close to, but not within arm's reach of, the payphones was not bolted to the floor.
- That I make enough money to spend the night in a hotel rather than in the chairs.
- Yoga paws, but more realistically, yoga.
- Real cutlery.
- Airport internet.
- Bored academics and distractable workers.
- Blogging. Because a terrible situation can give you at least two posts.
- Fast food outlets with funny names.*
- That Steve's cell phone works in Germany.
- That I did not have to go through last night with my band boy ex, who would have been freaking out and yelling, leaving me to manage not only the situation, but his emotions as well.
- Pinot grigio and olives.
- Eggs and wheat-free toast waiting for me in a beautiful Berlin apartment.
*Seriously, where is it going? And why is it going there in a hot air balloon?