Submitted by megan on Tue, 09/04/2007 - 20:32
In a few days I'm giving a workshop about healthy sexuality to a group of youth. I've never done a workshop just for youth before, and truth be told, I'm a little nervous about it.
Partially, I remember what a tough crowd I was when I was 16 or 17.
Partially, it feels really important, like here's my chance to make it up to myself as a teenager.
What do I wish I'd known when I was 16?
- That some women's bodies are hard-wired.
- That it's okay if it takes you years to understand your body well enough to come.
- That you can stop worrying and enjoy yourself along the way.
- That if you know you are in love with someone at 15, you should do whatever you want with them.
- That you don't have to be in love with someone to fuck. You can love them for the fuck and think of them fondly but distantly afterwards and it does not make you a bad person.
- You shouldn't feel guilty.
- That when people, anyone, tries to make you ashamed of what or who you want, you need to think "fuck all y'all."
- That making out is one of the best parts.
Anything to add? Straight, queer, trans, cis? You know you do. C'mon.